Web-enabling Legacy Applications
Organizations all over the world have been running on a large installed base of legacy applications that have evolved over years and across diverse platforms. In the new millennium, these businesses, demand greater performance efficiency and web-enabled interactivity.
Troy assists such organizations in migrating to the web with the dual objective of leveraging the knowledge captured in their legacy applications, while exploiting the performance potential of latest technologies. We have the expertise of web enabling legacy applications, web enable client-server applications or large desktop applications to take advantage of the web.
Before re-architecting, we...
- Study the existing application.
- Understand relevant business processes and the existing system - its functionality.
- Identify the technological requirements and risks.
- Identify the usage of re-engineering tools.
- Ensure a phased implementation and smooth transition to the new system through constant monitoring and project management.
Web-Enable Your Legacy Applications
Existing legacy applications are often the perceived bottlenecks for companies keen on adapting Internet technologies to take their business to a new level. Porting such applications to the web often becomes a very costly proposition. Nevertheless there is precious data which is locked away in these applications which would enhance your business if these were web enabled. We have some solutions for you.
The services we provide include the following
- Wrapper the existing legacy application with Internet technologies. The advantages of this are that your investment into legacy code remains intact. Also, by segregating the user interface from the business logic module of the legacy application, we can modify only that which is required for making your application "Internet aware".
- Helping you decide which technologies best suit your organization. We can review your existing systems and applications, and your long term strategy and consult on appropriate solutions. We can also lower your risk by establishing the proof of concept on the proposed solution by web enabling a part of your system, instead of the whole.
- Re-architect an existing legacy application to leverage your business process.
There are many ways to make your applications internet enabled. Various tools and products are available today that offer to accomplish these objectives. Our objective is to provide you a with a low risk option for web enabling your applications. Our experience in web enabling various business processes and access to diverse skills in Internet technologies helps us to analyze your systems in the context of your long-range goals to provide a strategy to get you there. Furthermore, we provide the services to put the plan in action
Web enabling achieve business value through..
- Greater customer and end-user satisfaction.
- Benefits from upgrading to contemporary technology.
- Extended application life through enhancement of business logic.
- The moving out of legacy platforms or languages where vendor support is not available, thereby reducing maintenance costs.
- Overcoming difficulty in staffing for diverse platforms with skilled personnel.